I purchased from uBid a Philips Home Theater system 7-12-10 and a two year extended warranty through Bankers Warranty Group of Florida.The DVD/CD player stopped working on 9-19-10 and the warranty coverage was to be through 7-12-10.

I called several times and received different messages as to why the warranty would not be validated. Bankers Warranty Group of Florida are not good communicaters and they seem to be just looking for a way out.

Nothing they stated seemed to match exclusions in the actual warranty contract.They denied replacement coverage stating exclusions that were not listed on my warranty policy.

Review about: Bankers Warranty Group Warranty.

Had an Experience with Bankers Warranty Group?

Comments

:( Cool took them a freaking month to ship me a box for my desktop computer..I called in 4 times over the course of that month and kept getting the same answer that it is on the way and should be there any day now...

Called in on 3/2/12 and the representative said a box would be shipped to me by the end of the week.. haha what a joke. received my box on 4/6/2012.. Looking at the tracking of when it was shipped to me it wasn't even registered on the vendors site until 3/6/2012.

4 days to tell them to ship me a box? Hoping that someday I will get my computer back..

and after reading these comments I hope they actually fix it..Wish I had read these before hand..

Banker's had a technical support "specialist" call me and right off the back said the warranty doesn't cover battery failure even before he pulled up what type of laptop I had. He then has to put me on hold in order to pull up my file to see what type of product I was calling about. If he had he would have known that the netbook has an INTERNAL battery which is fully covered under the warranty (and the reason why I purchased an extended warranty knowing that I would no be able to replace the battery myself). Then he puts me on hold for awhile only to come back to ask me if I know where the battery is located!! Then keeps putting me on hold periodically only to come back to reconfirm that my battery is indeed INTERNAL.

I love how the company denies coverage even before knowing what type of unit they are dealing with or the full issue. Usually technicians would call and try multiple troubleshoots before confirming what needs to be repaired.

Useless.

Useless.

People READ your extended warranty BEFORE you buy it.The Salesman get a commission from selling these extended warranties and tell you everything and anything to get you to buy it.

That is bad enough in itself, then you have to use your extended warranty, you get the run around and are down for weeks, before shipping the unit off after different techs show up, get reassigned and waste thier time and more of your time.

Extended Warranties are great but you must read what you are buying before you buy it.

Otherwise, you will be told how you are a darn fool for not reading it and hear them laughing all the way to the bank with your $199 Extended Warranty fee's.

The gentelamn with the phone I am truly sorry to see that you made an impulse purchase and poorly misled.How is you could truly believe that you extended sevice protection could cover such riduclous things as the above stated.

When you say commerical use is not covered it does not mean that you personally as a doctor or lawyer sdoes not have coverage for you phone,what that means is you can not issue the phone out to employees as a business owner. That is self explanitory,if your phone was destroyed beacause of consumer neglignece such as leaving your phone on top of something and driving away the product is not bing used in accordance to the manufacture specification.

How bout trying this,try contacting the maker of the phone and expalin to them waht happend to your phone and see if they are willing to help you and if they aren't they you will get a clear answer on what your letter to all fifty states is going to do to help you in this situation.What do you expect sir,also I want to ask if you have healt,dental,car,home,auto insurance and soemthing happens do you not have to pay a deductable?????I jsut want to say to all on the complaint board that use of a little will go a long way.

I just purchased a new Sony XBR flat screen TV and purchased the coverage at first, but then cancelled it after reading all the bad comments and not one single positive comment.The salesperson just gave me a Xerox form as my proof of warranty and never told me what it covered.

He also lied saying the Sony basic warranty is only 90 days labor (it is one year). Hours after delivery of my TV, the salesperson calls to inquire about my happiness with the set and quickly changes the topic to why I cancelled my warranty. After saying I couldn't find anything positive about BWG, he said, why don't you try it and then cancel if you don't like? I responded that I would opt for coverage if I could find anything that sounds positive.

The salesperson immediately terminated the conversation without inquiring why I didn't like BWG.

High pressure sales tactics, misleading comments about the manufacturer's warranty, and no specifics about what BWG covers.I'm glad I cancelled my coverage.

In July of 2010 I purchased a Blackberry Storm II which within less than a week had the screen explode due to temperature change. I had not purchased insurance on the phone when I purchased it so was going to be out of luck. Fortunately Verizon replaced the phone as this was not an abuse situation. After that I purchased the insurance offered by Car Toys, at a cost of $279.00. Having listened to one of their sales associates tell me that the phone would be replaced if lost or stolen, broken, run over or confronted with any other malady. I scanned their brochure and noted the same promises.

On June 5th, 2011, while on a motorcycle trip in Mississippi, my cell phone departed the windshield bag on my motorcycle at 75 mph and to say the least was destroyed. Confident I would have a replacement phone shipped to me by the insurance company I called them with my claim. I made contact with a representative and explained my plight. The representative asked if I had the remains of the phone, to which I replied I did not as it was in the middle of a 75 mph freeway and I wasn’t about to run out in traffic to attempt to recover it. The rep stated that without the parts the loss would not be covered. I asked for a supervisor and after a long hold was given another individual who in effect gave the same answer. I advised I would re-contact them when I returned home from my trip. Upon my return to Beaverton, OR I again contacted Bankers Warranty Group and spoke with a rep...

Obviously this is a big profit center for the company. One problem it is a bogus product. There is nothing insured by this policy other than profit to their company.

I have written a letter to all fifty States Insurance Commissioners with a copy of Car Toys sales brochure, outlining my issue with this policy. It is my hope they will take action against Bankers Warranty Group and force them to cease and desist selling this product.

Richard Glassberg,

Where did you buy your TV?I bought mine from CompUSA.

You might want to call the place where you got your TV. I called CompUSA and asked them who they had for extended warranty. They said it was still BWG. I asked what the warranty covered and they said that if they can't replace your TV, they will mail you a check or gift card in the amount of what you paid for.

So I told the store manager, that is what they told me before I bought my TV and now they are giving me the run arounds. The store manager e-mailed the director and next thing you know, they where refunding me the full amount.

BWG is already in deep *** with a lot of companies.So, you might want to try what I did.

I can already see my journey with this company is not going to be pretty. I get a different story everytime I call, the latest being the won't replace the panel in my TV and are looking for a replacement.

BWG is involved in almost every aspect of consumer electronics and trust me when I say this, Everyone one of you has a legitimate complaint. I can say first hand, that I know what you're saying is true becasue I am dealing with them on the same subjects. Only I am a service provider for them and am getting the run around on geting paid. They have been adjusting our payments due to $.01 and citing too many complaints on us! You can contact any of the customers who "complained about us" and they say something entirely different. They tell us, they complained about BWG and the rpocess taking too long. Then they reassign the your issue to a new service provider.

How many of you have had this happen, where you get told that a new service provider has been assigned to your claim?

This is by design to save the warrnty dollars you paid out to them for "on-site service", they send techs out and take foever processing your claim, reassign it to another tech, waive paying the previous tech, so they can start over with a new tech and save the $229 you paid for another service sucker. All the while you the consumer have to wait and wait and wait. Eventually you will get asked to ship your unit in for repair. By the way, you deserve a replacement PC by the time this is all said and done. Instead you have to wait again...

Complain to your vendor - TigerDirect, CompUSA, Global Supply and Systemax this is the only recourse you have. BWG complaints fall...